EastMTB also welcomes independent riders (riders from another school that don’t have a team).
Note the following rules, in particular:
- Rule 2.1 re: Helmet use
- Rule 2.19 re: Caffeine
- Rule 4.6 re: Outside assistance during a race
- Section 8 re: Scoring
The Race Info for each race includes:
- Race day schedule and link to Call Up numbers - *This section is at the bottom of the document and contains your exact race time, which will vary by race.
- Directions to the race venue
- Race course map, length of the course, # of laps required by category, elevation gain + more.
- Pre-ride times
The coaches will often schedule a time for the team to pre-ride the course together, usually the day before the race. The official pre-ride times can be found in the RACE INFO document for each race.
IMPORTANT | Only coaches and registered racers are allowed on the course during official Pre-Rides.
Large Categories of racers, such as Freshman Boys, will be split into groups, or “Waves”, with 50-60 riders each wave. Each wave will start 5-10 minutes apart.
Registered riders will be assigned a Call Up number. A rider's Call Up number determines the order they will be staged at the starting line and the Wave in which they will race. Riders are carefully lined up in rows of 4-5 to ensure safety. For example, riders with Call Ups 1-5 will be in the first row, 6-10 in the second row, etc. Call Ups 1-50 will race in Wave 1, and Call Ups 51-100 will race in Wave 2, etc.
Since Call Ups are dependent upon previous race results, Call Ups won't be available until 4-5 days before each race. There will be a link to the Call Ups at the very bottom of the RACE INFO document for each race.
Riders can leave their bikes + gear in the safety of the Pit Zone while they're not racing.
IMPORTANT | Caffeine is a banned substance on race day! Do not bring caffeinated sodas, energy drinks, gels, etc.
*Volunteers needed! Email email@example.com to help!
- Bike + repair kit (tools, pump, CO2, tube, etc.)
- Duffel or backpack with racing gear, including... helmet
- Race clothes (including arm/leg warmers, rain jacket)
- Water bottle or light Camelbak (coaches prefer water bottles) + energy gels
- Cycling gloves + glasses + shoes
- Layers for before/after race (pants, hoodie, heavy jacket)
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen
- Layers of EastMTB gear to show your team spirit!
- Cowbells + other noise makers for cheering camera and/or phone
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen
- Food contribution for EastMTB team area
- Camp chairs - we have chairs for riders in the EastMTB trailer
- Water + snacks - while there will be food and drinks in the Pit Zone, we highly recommend extra water + snacks for your family while roaming the race course
Dave will check each rider’s bike to ensure its in good working order but he won't have time for a full-blown tune-up so come with a working bike!
IMPORTANT | It's up to you to get your bike to Dave a few hours before you race. Remember there will be several EastMTB riders vying for Dave's time so don't wait until the last minute!
Photographs are usually available a couple days after each race and will be accessible from the leagues’ Races page at coloradomtb.org
The specific RACE INFO document for each race includes a list of campgrounds and hotels offering CO MTB families discounts. Of course, you may also choose to rent a nearby home or cabin with another EastMTB family. or each race includes a list of campgrounds and
Wherever you stay, be sure to get plenty of rest before the big day!
It is critical that coaches know which riders to expect at team events.
Riders are required to RSVP for team rides, races, and other team events via TeamSnap.